Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 1 - Pulsed Dye Laser Treatment

Treatment

The actual pulsed dye laser treatment was very quick. I think the actual process took 5 minutes or less. Just as the dermatologist suggested - the treatment felt exactly like a rubber band snapping against my neck.

There was some initial pain, but the worst came within several minutes after completion. Specifically in the reception area where I went to check-out.

What surprised me:

  • Treatment was very quick, just a few minutes
  • The initial bruising is unlike anything I imagined (shown below) - my scar basically turned black
  • Pain laster for just a few hours after the procedure, but it wasn't unbearable (no medication required)
  • Specifics around recovery (no alcohol for weeks, no exercise for days)
Notes from the nurses:
  • You can't apply too much aquaphor
  • You shouldn't drink or exercise

Day 1

Day 1 - Shortly after treatment

Day 1 - Closeup

Day 1 - Shirt test


Day 2

Day 2 Progress

Day 3

Day 3 Progress

Day 4

Day 4 Progress

Day 5

Day 5 Progress
Note: Less Aquaphor on the photo above shows more texture than previous photos.

Day 6

Day 6 Progress

Day 7

Day 7 Progress

Well, that concludes the first week of the healing process. Lots of improvement from the first day of treatment. Also it appears that I may be allergic to band-aids...

No comments:

Post a Comment