Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 0 - Pulsed Dye Laser to Treat Surgical Scarring

My Story

Welcome!

Now that enough time has passed, I decided to look into what options exist for reducing the visibility of my surgical scar. After being frustrated when searching for progress pictures and results of treating a surgical scar with a pulsed dye laser, I decided to document my own experience. 

After a consultation with a dermatologist that works with lasers, we decided that I was a good candidate for a pulsed dye laser. The pulsed dye laser should be most effective at reducing the pigmentation of my scar. Down the line we may talk about using a fractional laser (Fraxel laser) if needed.

Baseline Photos

Two Weeks After Surgery

1 Year 9 Months After Surgery

1 Year 9 Months After Surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment